I broke Gnome

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:55:35 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, tony <tony at tgds.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was testing suspend to disk and well... After rebooting impossible to
> log back into my Gnome session "session has lasted less than 10
> seconds... blah".
>
> Lots of stuff has changed in Gnome it seems - I tried reparing by using
> the old technique of clearing the .gnome2 folder in /home but no...

Check /tmp.  There are a couple of directories there (gconfd-username
and orbit-username) that can cause problems with GNOME login... delete
them and try again.

> Is it because I removed firstboot?

No, probably not.
 _  Ben Steeves                                    bcs at metacon.ca
( ) The ASCII ribbon campaign                  ben.steeves at unb.ca
 X     against HTML e-mail                     GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9
/ \ http://www.metacon.ca/ascii      Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves