Cinema Display 30 and Radeon 9600

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Mar 2 16:53:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-03 at 09:01 +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> On 02.03.2006 02:05, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure how closely any of the hardware vendors track Fedora
> > development with their drivers, however traditionally they seem to
> > release drivers a month or so after a new OS release, which claims
> > to work with the new OS release.
>

> this is probably true for  x86*  but afaics  no proprietary driver (ati,
> nvidia) for ppc*
>
> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27
> www.ati.com / drivers+software / linux / linux display driver + software
> x86
> x86_64
>
> www.nvidia.com / download drivers / ... /
> no ppc*

I know we all love Linux here, but I have not been able to figure
out why, people with Mac's don't just use the OS X that they came
with. Whenever my boss threatens to make me use MS Office, I have
told him that the only way I can comply is if I had a Mac with
OS X, so that I could continue to use the Unix utilities I need
to do my job, I don't specifically need MS Office to do my job.

Has anyone seen the info on the new Intel based Mac Mini's?

An just to confuse things, does Anyone know if any of the Mac
Intel hardware will run Linux?

TTFN