wpa_supplicant and NetworkManager coexistance?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Mar 4 17:18:54 UTC 2006

Has anyone got these to work side by side as yet?

It seems that each one is always trying to grab control of the wifi
adapter - I tell NetworkManager to connect to my local AP - which it
does, then wpa disconnects it and scans itself. Same the other way
around.

Is there any way to make these co-exist? I guess what would be really
neat is to have WPA functionality in NetworkManger - then you get a
nice little GUI to configure 802.1x.... Great for those EAP-TTLS
access points out there!

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au