Clean Up by Name

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Mar 7 15:21:25 UTC 2006

On 08/03/2006, at 2:09 AM, Justin Conover wrote:
> When you right click on the desktop, you get the menu option "Clean
> Up by Name", what is the command that actually runs that because I
> would like to use that at startup in Gnome.
>
> Every box I logon to, the 3-5 icons I leave on the desktop are
> always not aligned all nice and neat.  My wife says I have OCD, but
> whatever :)

That makes two of us.. It annoys the hell out of me that I have
overlapping icons on every login. I searched for ages to find a fix,
but I'm still empty handed. Now I just hit the cleanup button every
damn time I login....

I wonder if someone put in an 'auto-arrange' option..........

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au