FC5-T3: System->Administration->Authenication: SAMBA testing

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Mar 8 22:49:49 UTC 2006

Could  not get Authenication menu item to come up under Gnome.  I am trying
to get SAMBA running and comparing all settings against a good FC4 production
and I am not able to get M$ Windows to see the samba shares.  Tried using the
Servers->Samba dialog but it was useless - tried /etc/samba/smb.conf directly but
but again, useless.  I can get a Fedora 4 -> to see FC5 share but with no access,
even with "everybody" permissions. Changed SELinux control over Samba to disable
all security context and it still won't work.

When I setup Samba on FC4, I had to setup the authenication and "Enable SMB
Support" which is what I am trying to do in FC5-T3.

Any suggestions or has anyone gotten Samba to work?

Dan