FC5 Boot errors after 2.6.15-1.1948

Andrew Stephen andrews at byteline.com.au
Thu Mar 9 04:42:45 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Timms" <dtimms at bigpond.net.au>
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases"
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: FC5 Boot errors after 2.6.15-1.1948

> Andrew Stephen wrote:
>>  Hi
>>
>> After updating to Kernel 2.6.15-1.1948 I getting the following error.  I
>> have tried all kernels since with the same error and the last good kernel
>> was 2.6.16-1.1939.  Any suggestions as to where I should start would be
>> appreciated.
> What is the latest you have tried ?
> What chipset, architecture, CPU, desktop or notebook ?
> Where you attempting to suspend (the suspend message is new to me, but
> looks like it is normal)?
> Can you run if you edit the boot command in grub and add the boot
> parameter to disable selinux (which I don't remember) ?

I have tried kernels 2.6.15-1.1948 .1955 .1969 .1975 .1977 .1991 .2008
.2009.4.2
I am running a desktop machine with a Gigabyte GA-GIG1000MK (865 Chipset)
with an Intel Celeron D 2.66Ghz (have almost tried a P4 3Ghz).
Not attempting to suspend and get the error have a shutdown and restart.
Tried dsiabling selinux at boot and made no diference.

Cheers
Andrew