fc5-test3 and external usb box : works fine :)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 12 11:02:58 UTC 2006

Larry tb wrote:
> Just for fun : have installed fc5 test3 on external usb box (ide hdd
> plugged in usb box).
> Had to add few modules in init (my pc is NOT usb bootable nativly), and
> using loadlin from dos, it boots very well.
> (were inspired by
> http://fungliding.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_fungliding_archive.html, with
> some changes ...)

Thanks for revealing that the feat is possible. It however would be
better if this option was possible and could be performed without having
to complete out of the ordinary steps to add needed modules to the
initrd image.

I'll give the USB installation a try. Also, there is interest in being
able to install FC on external usb drives and a question was asked if
this method was possible. I posted a link to your message for their
previous question which I thought was no longer possible. (Does not even
recognize USB hard drives for me using askmethod or regular install.)

Jim

--
I find this corpse guilty of carrying a concealed weapon and I fine it $40.
-- Judge Roy Bean, finding a pistol and $40 on a man he'd