no floppy dir in /media ? bug ????

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 12 23:26:16 UTC 2006

Larry tb wrote:
> Thx Michal... but , well i knew this :-p, and did.
>
> Previous version had /dev/fd0 in fstab, and floppy dir in /mnt or /media.
> So i were wondering if it was a bug or something else...
I think the design changed, so that /media gets used when removable
media are inserted / removed; the mount folder is created and removed
automatically.

Since floppy disk insertion aren't usually detectable, I guess you need
to use a tool like Michal suggested to mount it. But I don't have a
floppy drive on the couple of PC's that I have ;)

DaveT.