60 seconds 'til shutdown...

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 13 09:38:40 UTC 2006

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> If you shutdown the system, it says 60 seconds til automatic shutdown.
>
> If you believe this, those 60 seconds will stay and stay 60 seconds, they
> do not decrease at all.
You only have to "believe" for ten seconds. I think somebody has been
trying to copy ms dodgyness, in only updating the dialog every ten
seconds. Surely an "interrupt" once a second to update such a dialog on
any PC made in the last 15 years shouldn't slow down the system too much ?

I would like to see it fixed, but it's perhaps a gnome feature.

DaveT.