60 seconds 'til shutdown...

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Mon Mar 13 09:56:02 UTC 2006

> Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> If you shutdown the system, it says 60 seconds til automatic shutdown.
>>
>> If you believe this, those 60 seconds will stay and stay 60 seconds,
>> they
>> do not decrease at all.
> You only have to "believe" for ten seconds. I think somebody has been
> trying to copy ms dodgyness, in only updating the dialog every ten
> seconds. Surely an "interrupt" once a second to update such a dialog on
> any PC made in the last 15 years shouldn't slow down the system too much ?
>
> I would like to see it fixed, but it's perhaps a gnome feature.
>
> DaveT.

:-D i've never been that patient, i gonna try this evening (n0dalus: gonna
update to latest this evening) - if it is still there (even with 10 secs
interrupt, newbs like me will be very confused ;-)) i gonna file it in
bugzilla.

btw. is the phrase "it's not a bug - it's a feature" under a proprietary
license? ;-)

Thanks,
Roger