PC freezing, during surfing on the internet

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 15 12:21:26 UTC 2006

Larry tb wrote:
> ...and im sure Firefox is in question, 'cause with Mozilla (which have
> no icon to be run ! --> have to lunch it from shell) i have no problem.
> Actually updating firefox to 1.5.0.1-9.....

The reason that you have no Mozilla ICON is that the mozilla.desktop is
set to not display the ICON in the menus by default. The mozilla.desktop
file is in the /usr/share/applications directory.

You may be able to change NoDisplay=true to NoDisplay=false like I
always do and the mozilla ICON will show up in the Internet menus.

I have not tried to change this via the menu editor, this may or may not
work also.

yum remove beagle might work to get firefox working also. :-)

Jim

cat mozilla.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Mozilla Web Browser
GenericName=Web Browser
Comment=Browse the web
Exec=mozilla %u
Icon=mozilla-icon
Terminal=false
Type=Application
NoDisplay=false # This is set to true by *default.*
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml;text/mml;
Encoding=UTF-8
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.10
Categories=Network;Application;X-Fedora;

--
"Once you realize that documentation should be laughed at, peed upon, put
  on fire, and just ridiculed in general, THEN, and only then, have you

	- Linus Torvalds