Kudzu is dead, causes my system to hang.

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Mar 16 03:00:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 18:30 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After several previous posting, I finally figured it out
> temporarily how to fix my boot hang when kudzu freezes
> up - just Fedora Rescue and insert a exit 0 in the
> /etc/rc5.d/S50kudzu in the first 3 lines.  This bypassed
> the new hardware checks and allows me to boot up now.

The filename you provide is actually a symlink
to /etc/rc.d/init.d/kudzu, which is the actual script that does the
work. Editing it the way you did works, but is not the actual file.

BTW, /etc/rc5.d is also a symlink to /etc/rc.d/rc5.d.

A better solution would have been to run
"chkconfig kudzu off" and it then would have changed the link you point
to to /etc/rc5.d/K95kudzu from the current /etc/rc5.d/S05kudzu