BIZARRE!! I was logged in and all of a sudden my session was terminated!!

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Mar 18 02:36:33 UTC 2006

> On 3/17/06, Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:
> > Please note:  Today is MARCH 17th --  what the hell is thttd
> typo  you meant thttpd as listed in your logs
> thttpd is a package in Extras. Why you have it installed is not a
> question I can answer. Nothing else appears to depend on it.
>
> yum info thttpd
> Available Packages
> Name   : thttpd
> Arch   : i386
> Version: 2.25b
> Release: 10.fc5
> Size   : 302 k
> Repo   : extras-development
>  Thttpd is a very compact no-frills httpd serving daemon that can handle
> very high loads.  While lacking many of the advanced features of
> Apache, thttpd operates without forking and is extremely efficient in
> memory use.  Basic support for cgi scripts, authentication, and ssi is
> provided for.  Advanced features include the ability to throttle traffic.

Thanks for the information.

I was just pointing out that the date was odd, but also that just after
the thttpd lines, gconfd was showing that it received a signal 15
shutdown, so it was suspicious (or maybe coincidental)

BTW: this is the second time I replied realizing that my NETWORK
connection was also shutdown preventing outgoing email messages
so that means that the hypervisor was running, but my session
was terminated as well as my network connection!  I was able to
log back into a new session but was not able to recover the network
so I had to do a full reboot.... which again did something even
stranger....  XEN FAILED TO REBOOT!  A HARDWARE RESET was necessary!

Gah...  series of monkeys, gnats, and creepy crawlers infested
my FC5T3 system....  not sure how to report this strange series
of events....  (and yet release FC5 is just around the corner...)

Dan