FC5 no DVD iso? - hold your horses ?

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 20 14:03:46 UTC 2006

Heath Wilkinson wrote:
> Thw CD images under that link are dated March 14.
It takes quite a while to build the iso images and get them placed on
mirrors for a release, so this looks about right.

> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 14:40 +0100, Giuseppe Castagna wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Its not formally released yet and DVD images are available along with
>>> the release.
>>>
>> Thanks, it just looked bizarre that in
>>
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso/
psst: ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso
Perhaps since many web browsers don't handle downloads greater than
2.0GB, the release guys might leave it off the html version ? If you can
hang five and wait until the mirrors open, and get it from your nearest
in country local mirror, it will help worldwide distribution...and speed
downloads for all.

Remember: do not use firefox to download it; it will bomb out at 2G,
which is an even bigger waste of bandwidth. (although I have got azureus
to resume the download in the past when the torrent tracker is published ;-)

DaveT.