fc5-test3 and external usb box : works fine :)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 03:09:45 UTC 2006

LarryT wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> did you find some easier way about this ?
> Gonna give it a try with the new fc5 ...

I had a lot of trouble attempting a USB installation. I had no luck
trying to use lvm for part of the installation.

The closest I could get with FC5T3 installation was to prep the disks by
making filesystems, ext3 for the partitions that I wanted. I got the
installer to select packages and start the installation. Shortly after
starting the install, the laptop computer just went into shutdown.

Hopefully for FC6 there will be an option to install to a USB device and
no post-install work will be needed.

I might move the USB disk to a desktop computer and give it a shot with
FC5. Without CPU frequency control, my laptop cannot stay in
installation mode for that long of a period.

Jim