GStreamer and mp3

Oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Wed Mar 22 05:14:25 UTC 2006

Hello all

I can't seem to get mp3 working in any gstreamer apps.  I believe that
the extra audio plugin was supposed to get that for me, but no luck.  I
have installed the following:

gstreamer.i386               0.10.3-3
gstreamer-plugins-base.i386  0.10.3-3
gstreamer-plugins-good.i386  0.10.2-1
gstreamer08.i386             0.8.12-4.fc5
gstreamer08-plugins.i386     0.8.12-2.fc5
gstreamer08-plugins-extra-08-audio.i386  0.8.11-3.lvn5

Did some poking around, gst-register shows both mad and lame plugins
but gst-inspect shows that both don't exist.  libmad and lame were
installed as dependencies of the gstreamer rpm.

I've been to the google groups, but there was no help on this. So am I
the only one wit the problem?

Scott