Overhead on Core5 Compared to Core4

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 03:40:24 UTC 2006

Is there any information about the differences in overhead between Core5 versus Core4. Gnome in Core5 test was fast, I am not finding it so in Core5 Go live release.

So far, I found a lot of pluses in the areas of graphics resolutions, sound management,  but I also found some negatives for other things (games).

Are there parameters to tweek, so that the games in Core5 execute as well as they did in Core5 test3 or as they do in core4? I use game response times to determine latency (in a qualitive way) between the two systems.

Yes, it is true, Core test3 version with the patches as of March 15th for games was providing better results than the current Core5 DVD download (no patches yet applied)... I am waiting for one week before looking for updates.

Leslie