Yum upgrade not working.

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Mar 26 13:57:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 15:32 +0200, tony wrote:
> I have a machine that I _have_ to upgrade via yum (no CD drive and no
> bootable USB key).
>
> Yesterday I managed to upgrade from FC2 to FC4. I then installed the
> fedora-release-5-5.noarch.rpm
>
> Reboot and yum -y upgrade but yum only sees the FC4 repository... Any
> clues greatly appreciated.

I seem to remember changes in the yum.conf file between releases of FC.
Also, in one of those releases (IIRC either FC3 or FC4)
the /etc/yum.repos.d directory was added and repo definitions were
mostly moved out of /etc/yum.conf.

Check what you have there and verify that the FC5 repo files are in
place and the repositories are enabled.