I broke Gnome

Giuseppe Castagna Giuseppe.Castagna at ens.fr
Wed Mar 29 18:28:57 UTC 2006

tony wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I was testing suspend to disk and well... After rebooting impossible to
 > log back into my Gnome session "session has lasted less than 10
 > seconds... blah".

The stupidies reason for which this happens to me is that you have a 100%
occupation on your hard disk (/tmp). It already happened me a couple of times: I
compile a custom new kernel , reboot and then  receive that bloody message. So I
spend a lot of time trying to understand why the new kernel does not work, and
as a stupid, I forget to check whether my compilation did not fill the disk. If
this is also your case then the fix is quite easy: make clean

Beppe