kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu May 4 17:24:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 19:33 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Argh.
> I meant, updates should be kept in updates-testing for a week or two
> before being pushed into -updates.
> This is kde-3.5/FC4 update disaster all over again :(

The changes in 2.6.16.x are (supposed to be, and generally are) small,
obviously correct fixes for things that are generally security related.
So leaving them in -testing means time spent with vulnerable boxes.

In this case, an update of the Xen patch crept in without Dave noticing
and that's where the root cause of this problem.  Had that been
realized, the update would have been handled differently.

Jeremy