Is this a bug in apxs?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed May 10 00:22:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 22:54 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get mod_mono into FE but seem to have stumbled on
> something which I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, so some advise is
> appreciated.
>
> mod_mono installs it's conf file in wherever apxs says the configure
> files should go, which is /etc/httpd/conf. However, the httpd.conf file
> itself says to suck in the config files from /etc/httpd/conf.d.
>
> Should apxs be saying to install configuration files
> into /etc/httpd/conf or should it be conf.d?
>
> If it should be conf.d, apxs should say so!

If I were doing it I would put them in /etc/httpd/conf.d.
This is where most of the configuration files seem to go.

Putting the file in /etc/httpd/conf would require modifying the default
httpd.conf to add an extra include directory.

I agree apxs should say be changed to reflect this.  That seems a bug in
apxs since apache has done it this way for a long time now.