rawhide report: 20060519 changes

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat May 20 11:51:37 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 01:31 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:
> On Fri, 19 May 2006 12:26:21 -0400, Build System wrote:
>
> > gdm-1:2.15.3-1
> > --------------
> > * Wed May 17 2006 Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>> - 1:2.15.3-1
> > - Update to 2.15.3
>
> I had to revert back to gdm-2.15.0-1 in order to log in.  After rhgb, it
> would continue banging on the hard drive, but no new X session for gdm.
>
> Removing rhgb from the boot options, gdm displayed but no cursor in the
> id prompt and the hard drive having constant activity (flickering LED).
> I could switch to a console, but I couldn't even login with this version
> of gdm installed (after providing the user name and password, I just got
> another login prompt).

Yep,experiencing the same thing here.  Except I can get it to boot,but
it usually does it on the 2nd attempt.  Might take out rhgb and see if
that helps.

I also noticed that gdmsetup doesn't respond once logged in.  The GUI
comes up, but is unresponsive.

I also saw in my logs gdm already running to whatever is calling it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless you're not getting any!"