fedora-updates-testing.repo

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Sat May 20 13:08:39 UTC 2006

I've heard from folks in the community that sometimes Stable (core 5) gets
updated packages that break things because they haven't been tested will
enough and I know it is because the Developers aren't getting feedback.  I
know the reality is that most people here are running rawhide or stable, not
a lot of folks use stable + testing, and that is were the problem is.

I know on this list that it has been asked before, and I doubt many people
are using it just because the nature of this list is to run rawhide.

Just asking if a Fedora Developer / Community relations person, can post
something some were else, like other mailing list or maybe on
FedoraForums.org News section and also included it on Fedora Weekly News.

After I told some people that fedora-updates-testing.repo existed for this
reason, they had know idea about it, some of them running rh since 7.x

Anyway, that's my idea, get the information out to a bigger audience so the
packages can be tested more before released.