system update with yum produces sgmentation fault

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:52:23 UTC 2006

Le Mercredi 17 Mai 2006 15:27, parta a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I installed FC5 from cds and then ran 'yum update' to update my system.
> After system update, my system has become unstable. Appliations start
> giving segmentation fault after running a while. If i restart my system,
> they run again perfectly for a while and then segmentation fault pops up.
> Is there a way to figure out which package has made my system unstable.

 Just to add to the other replies you've already had ...

 This could (possibly) be partly the result of an inadequate or failing power
supply. I had very similar symptoms with my system a couple of years ago,
where the machine would seem to run fine with one memory stick but fall over
rapidly with two installed. memtest with either stick in alone showed no
errors, but installing both would cause problems quickly. Replacing the power
supply restored sanity immediately.