Building a ISO from rpm's.

James Hubbard jameshubbard at gmail.com
Tue May 30 13:43:06 UTC 2006

On 5/29/06, Dan Barnes <danhbarnes at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking for information on how to build an iso
> from a bunch of *.rpm files for Fedora CORE 5.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find such information.
> Things such as:
>
> * How to update the files for the iso.
>
> * Tools to build the iso.
>
> * How to build the iso.

I'm on a project where we need to provide an updated DVD.  We've used
the following article to do the initial update.  It works pretty well
and is current with FC5.
http://www.users.on.net/~rgarth/weblog/fedora/patch_cd.autumn

I realize that fedora is supposed to be bleeding edge and all, but
it's too bad that someone doesn't put out a final updated iso when a
release is retired.  It might be worthwhile to update the rpm
directory as well and put symlinks to all of the files that are
updates into the updates directory.  It could help reduce the disk
utilization on the mirrors.  (I'm not even sure that this is possible
with rsync.)

--
James Hubbard
http://www.mcs.uvawise.edu/~jhubbard