Weird failure related to Nautilus

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 31 16:01:37 UTC 2006

On 5/30/06, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Recently I've been noticing weird lock-ups of applications (usually
> starting with Nautilus) that eventually leaves the desktop unresponsive,
> along with no access to the virtual terminals (F1-F6).

I think a lot more information will be needed:

1) What version of Fedora (Rawhide or FC6)?
2) What kernel/nautilus/etc
3) What kind of upstream networking do you have? Does it have a proxy
or something that owuld introduce a large latency causing things to
sit in Device Wait?

> It seems to start at times when I'm doing a couple of large downloads or
> a large file transfer and then I use Nautilus for something.
>
> Nautilus will stop responding, then the panel icons stop working and
> slowly more and more applications start to join in (including not being
> able to launch new applications, even while the panel is still running).
>
> Has anyone else seen something like this. I'll happily (sic) file a bug
> report, but I wan't to be able to offer something better than the
> description above.
>

> R.
> --
> "It's a fine line between denial and faith.
>  It's much better on my side"
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator