"setting' sub-menu now missing from KDE main menu

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Wed Nov 1 17:40:22 UTC 2006

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero wrote:
> After yesterday's upgrade of KDE bits (on FC5 specifically),
> the 'settings' sub-menu has disappeared from my machine.
>
> So all the items for configuring the display, network, etc.
> are missing, including the KDE control center.
>
> Comments?

Humm.  I wonder if this is an overflow from FC6.  I notice that they
were doing some updates to FC5 which looked to me that they were porting
a few things into FC5, that they felt was in good shape for FC6.

I will have FC5 up this afternoon, when I am having a muck with the
Epson scanner.  I will see if I see anything obvious when using KDE.

I assume that they are not being careful enough with their updates and
thus you are getting splashed with their bath water.

--
Glenn Simpson VE3DSP
Hamilton, Ont