Proposals for mono-basic and monodoc

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Sat Nov 4 17:22:22 UTC 2006

lør, 04 11 2006 kl. 08:22 -0500, skrev Jesse Keating:
> On Saturday 04 November 2006 08:13, Paul wrote:
> > What is the depth of feeling for moving mono-basic into extras and
> > monodoc into core?
>
> Personally, given Novells deal with Microsoft, I'd rather see mono get purged
> from Fedora all together.  Any future developments in Mono from Novell and
> their partners Microsoft have far too much risk of being tainted for my
> tastes.

Let's just wait and hear what Legal has to say about this first, I'd be
mighty upset if Banshee and Beagle was taken from me without proper
cause. I was under the impression that OIN still provided protection, if
that is not the case it sadly has to die. But please let's just take a
breather and get and informed opinion from the legal department before
massacering desktop functionality here.

> That said, I'd hold off on any package shuffling between Core and Extras for
> now.  We're (the Fedora Board and Core cabal) cooking something up that will
> render this futile.

ohhh? Should I start wearing my tinfoil hat to protect against the
Orbital Laser?

- David