Beryl packages in extras-development pull in packages from beryl repository on wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/fc6-i386/

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Mon Nov 20 06:31:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 20:07 -0800, Miles Lane wrote:
> When I install beryl and emerald from development-extras, it pulls in
> the following packages from :
>         heliodor
>         bdock
>         beryl-dbus
>         aquamarine
>
> I am curious why these packages aren't provided on the
> development-extras repository.

These dependencies are under review and will get imported once APPROVED
and CVS gets fixed up. The idea was to create a meta-package to pull in
all of the Beryl stuff but that did not quite as planned unfortunately.
See the thread on the Extras list for more info:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-November/msg00321.html

> When I updated control-center, I got the following:
> control-center-2.17.1-6.fc7:
>   Updating  : control-center               ######################### [1/6]
> /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libseom.so.0 is not a symbolic link
>

> This library file is provided by one of the packages on wilsonnet.com:
> # rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libseom.so.0
> [...]
Installed material from third-party repositories is completely the
responsibility of the user. If it breaks, you keep the pieces. :|
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479