LCD stays off on lid open

Moshe Jacobson moshe at runslinux.net
Mon Nov 27 04:11:26 UTC 2006

For maybe around a week now, my laptop's does not turn back on when I open
the lid.  I can be logged in or at the gdm screen, but closing the laptop
lid permanently blanks my screen.  I have set all my gnome-power-manager
options never to shut off the screen or perform any action on a lid close.

I have a Dell Latitude D610 with an Intel 915GM/GMS/910GML (according to
lspci), which uses the i810 video driver.

FWIW, using the xset dpms force off does blank the screen, but it
successfully turns back on when I move the mouse.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Moshe

--