LCD stays off on lid open

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 21:27:35 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:

> > >Really weird.  Why not simply 'fgconsole >$VT_NR' ?
> >
> > echo $(fgconsole) > ... will put all the output on a single line,
> > which might be important.
>
> Are there really any circumstances when 'fgconsole' outputs more
> than a single number?  'man fgconsole' seems to suggest otherwise.
> What is more, you are using that later as $(<$VT_NR) which will
> be a single line no matter what (unless you quote).
>
> Even when this would be not the case then how do you propose
> to employ later a content of "other lines"?
>
> Whatever.  A detail straight from Rube Goldberg but still a detail.
>
>   Michal
>
> --

Not sure if this helps, but I run x64 on my Dell E1505 and use this in my
kernel line in grub

ec_intr=0 notsc

When I added the ec_intr=0  my  suspend works good, I left it suspend for
two days and still had batter and got my screen back :)

notsc keeps my keyboard from logging 40 strokes to 1....

if only ipw3945 and  nm-applet worked better together, currently nm doesn't
see it after suspend, currently I have to run a script to get wireless going
again but nm doesn't have a clue its there.  But its a blob and I know thats
my fault and blah blah blah ;)