Fedora Core 6 Test Update: selinux-policy-2.4.5-3.fc6

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 22:53:18 UTC 2006

bloch at verdurin.com wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Daniel Walsh wrote:

>> Fedora Test Update Notification
>> FEDORA-2006-1293
>> 2006-11-27
>>
>> Product     : Fedora Core 6
>> Name        : selinux-policy
>> Version     : 2.4.5
>> Release     : 3.fc6
>> Summary     : SELinux policy configuration
>> Description :
>> SELinux Reference Policy - modular.
>>

> I can't be completely sure, but I believe applying this update caused me
> to be logged out of my X session.  At least it appears to have been the
> last update applied according to /var/log/yum.log, before I was logged
> out.

This update caused an exit code of minus one for me which just hung. I
did this update from a terminal.

When I tried to cleanup the aftermath, I noticed that the update makes a
new version directory for every instance with the version information.
This does not seem needed since this is a one instance package.
Anyway, when cleaning up, I had to remove the directory and content
where the old package was located by version after removing the DB entry.
I think that simply the directory without versioning numbering would be
fine. the aftermath noted ne to this factor. Most packages overwrite a
non-versioned directory and do not have a specific version to remove. I
do think that mozilla did this also which might not have been needed,
since only one version is installable.
Anyway, I recovered from  the disaster but doubt the recovery was 100%
clean due to versioned directories.

Jim

--
Go FC6 (otherwise)