November is officially renamed as "tick off Dave Jones"...

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Nov 2 05:12:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 09:57:46PM -0600, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
 > http://projects.info-pull.com/mokb/
 >
 > These guys have decided, in the "spirit" of JD Moore, to publish a bug a
 > day in the month of November. Yikes! Dave might not be sleeping too much
 > in the next month, along with the rest of the kernel developers. Is it
 > really too much to ask for private disclosure first? Nahhhh, screw
 > everybody.

We've been playing with the fsfuzzer tool referenced there for a while
(and several other similar tools -- in fact, the recent 1k block bug was
 found by a different filesystem fuzz tool), and people are already looking
into bugs found by it.  Eric Sandeen already fixed up a few problem areas
in ext3 for example, which is fixed in the soon-to-be-released update
for FC5/FC6.

I don't think I'm going to lose any more sleep than usual :)

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk