Problem Installing FC 6 Final on LVs over software raid

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Nov 2 16:50:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:18:18AM -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>
> dmraid consistently returns "no RAID disks" no matter what
> parameter/path/device name I give it.  The arrays were originally
> created with mdadm.

These two sentences above togeher sound somewhat strange to me.
Maybe somebody with a better than mine grasp of all technical
details here can comment?  Is this inability to find RAID disks
possibly your problem if an array should show up?  It sounds like
something else than what I suggested as a possibility.

In any case - those signatures are on "closer to the metal"
devices, like /dev/hda and similar and not on /dev/md...',
and with 'dmraid -r' you should see something of that sort:

/dev/sdb: pdc, "pdc_cjfeejidea", stripe, ok .....

if they are really present.

> Would
>
> mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/md1
>
> work?

If you are asking if this will have effects you desire then
I have no idea. :-)

   Michal