Problem Installing FC 6 Final on LVs over software raid

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu Nov 2 18:25:36 UTC 2006

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
<snip>

> These two sentences above togeher sound somewhat strange to me.
> Maybe somebody with a better than mine grasp of all technical
> details here can comment?  Is this inability to find RAID disks
> possibly your problem if an array should show up?  It sounds like
> something else than what I suggested as a possibility.
>
> In any case - those signatures are on "closer to the metal"
> devices, like /dev/hda and similar and not on /dev/md...',
> and with 'dmraid -r' you should see something of that sort:
>
> /dev/sdb: pdc, "pdc_cjfeejidea", stripe, ok .....
>
> if they are really present.
>
>> Would
>>
>> mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/md1
>>
>> work?
>
> If you are asking if this will have effects you desire then
> I have no idea. :-)
>
>    Michal

Must be something else then because:

[root at P4C800Deluxe ~]# dmraid -r
No RAID disks
[root at P4C800Deluxe ~]# mdadm --detail /dev/md* | egrep '/dev|Level|State'
/dev/md0:
      Raid Level : raid5
           State : clean
     Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
        0       8       33        0      active sync   /dev/sdc1
        1       8       49        1      active sync   /dev/sdd1
        2       8        1        2      active sync   /dev/sda1
/dev/md1:
      Raid Level : raid5
           State : clean
     Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
        0       8       34        0      active sync   /dev/sdc2
        1       8       50        1      active sync   /dev/sdd2
        2       8       17        2      active sync   /dev/sdb1
/dev/md2:
      Raid Level : raid1
           State : clean
     Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
        0       8       35        0      active sync   /dev/sdc3
        1       8       51        1      active sync   /dev/sdd3
[root at P4C800Deluxe ~]#

Thanks for your interest...you have given something else to investigate.
  And, perhaps, as you say, someone else will take an interest and
provide some clues or some debugging avenues.
--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)