Proposals for mono-basic and monodoc

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Nov 4 21:26:50 UTC 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 12:22, David Nielsen wrote:
> Let's just wait and hear what Legal has to say about this first, I'd be
> mighty upset if Banshee and Beagle was taken from me without proper
> cause. I was under the impression that OIN still provided protection, if
> that is not the case it sadly has to die. But please let's just take a
> breather and get and informed opinion from the legal department before
> massacering desktop functionality here.

One of the major contributors to the OIN was Novell themselves.  So I really
question what will happen if the OIN needs to come into play.  Will it really
be usable?  Regardless of the OIN, if Microsoft folks help to add
functionality to Mono, it will be tainted.  I certainly don't want to look at
any code that might be tainted.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora