packages to be used with pvr-150 in fc6

Bob Arendt rda at rincon.com
Sun Nov 5 19:00:45 UTC 2006

I'm using a hauppage wintv PVR-150 w/ FC6 using mythtv-suite from atrpms.net
This card uses the ivtv drivers.

Set up the yum repository:  http://atrpms.net/install.html
Then install the packages:

mythtv-suite                 Lots of dependencies for mythtv
ivtv-0.8.0                   Userland utils for ivtv (need 0.8.0 for 2.6.18 kernel)
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6  Kernel modules for ivtv
ivtv-firmware                Binary blobs for the card

There are some good websites that talk about mythtv setup for fedora.
I had to turn off VBI closed captioning on the card (even though it
wasn't displayed) or I'd get video glitches.

Barebones, just install the ivtv stuff.  Then if mplayer is installed,
   mplayer /dev/video0

Hope this helps,
-Bob Arendt