Proposals for mono-basic and monodoc

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Nov 6 03:40:32 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> said:
> Not all projects have a single entity holding all the copyrights on it.

All "official" GNU software is copyright by the FSF.  They could turn
around and license future glibc versions under the GPL (or even GPLv3),
elimating much of the distribution.

Is it worth worrying about _possible_ future license changes?  It
certainly is something to keep in mind, but I don't know that it should
be the top thing.

This does poibt out a good reason to not assign copyrights to others; I
have never done that on my (mostly minor) patches to Open Source
software.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>