Proposals for mono-basic and monodoc

Evandro Fernandes Giovanini efgiovanini at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 03:24:48 UTC 2006

Em Seg, 2006-11-06 às 22:09 -0500, Jim Cornette escreveu:
> Justin Conover wrote:
> >
> > Back in the day, mpackage.org <http://mpackage.org> was setup, how about
> > pushing all *mono* stuff to it, and clearing Fedora of any issues that
> > might come up?
> >

> I uninstalled mono and friends from my system and do not really care
> much for beagle or g-spot or whatever. I'd dump it into something a bit
> safer unless there are projects undergoing that are worth the risk, like
> maybe a C# version of an mp3 application. :-)
>
> Jim

Are you dumping OpenOffice.org too? Two of its main contributors (Sun
and Novell) have a similar deal with Microsoft regarding software
patents.

My point is, if Fedora trusts that Novell's contributions to GNOME,
Linux, Xorg, compiz, OpenOffice.org and other projects are not "tainted"
after this deal, then I see no reason to give a different treatment to
the Mono project, which is still commited to being free of Microsoft
patents. Let's not spread FUD against Mono.

Cheers,
Evandro