yum -> rpmdb: Locker still has locks

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:53:37 UTC 2006

Yesterday I did a daily devel update via yum (yum-3.0.1).  I appears to
have completed normally except for two messages following the "Complete!"
message:

Complete!
rpmdb: Locker still has locks
error: db4 error(22) from db->close: Invalid argument

Today I'm getting set of:

rpmdb: Lock table is out of available locks
error: cannot open Providename index using db3 - Cannot allocate memory (12)

where Providename changes to other indices (eg Conflictname, Dirnames, etc)

The yum update update is still proceeding inspite of these error messages.

	-Paul