Unsatisfied dependencies when mono removed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 04:11:26 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 11 November 2006 22:20, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> How did you remove mono?
>
> Let me rephrase.
>
> If you do 'yum remove mono', it'll take gsf-sharp out with it.

I believe that I removed mono with 'yum erase mono'. It took out a lot
of packages like tomboy, beagle and other programs. These three programs
were only detected because I figured that I should probably verify the
rpm database because of the glibc and vim problem posted previously.

If these packages do get pulled out during yum removal of mono, then
maybe they were residual entries from multi-version failures caused by
yum exiting abnormally through the life of this development
installation. (Started at FC6-pre). I might not have detected these as
multiple package entries since removal of mono via yum only took out the
rpms that were active dependencies for mono.

Anyway, it's just a theory.
Jim

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't
prove it.