Fedora Testing - Meeting Notes

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:34:48 UTC 2006

Hi Will,

I have been testing Rawhide for ages.  I report bugs in a lot of
different areas, often through the mailing list and sometimes in
bugzilla.  I also test Ubuntu (development repository) and sometimes
OpenSUSE (though recently I have had enough grief with OpenSUSE to
give up on the distro -- their package management sucks).  I often end
up filing bugs directly with the upstream bug trackers
(Openoffice.org, Kernel, NVidia, ipw2200, NetworkManager, Amarok,
Beryl, Firefox, Gnome, etc).

Pretty OT, but FWIW:
A lot of my Gnome feature requests get ignored for *literally* years.
My main beef with the Gnome folks is that they need to be more users.
Gnome leadership has prioritized stripping out configuration options
to the point where a lot of configuration options that people like to
see in a desktop are taken out.  Configuring screensavers, desktop
themes, etc.  I hate that Gnome themes are prebaked color combos,
rather than allowing users to directly set color overlays.  That is,
there are something like twenty Clearlooks themes that are nothing but
different color tweaks decided on by the Gnome developers.

Oh well, enough griping.

Thanks,
        Miles