FC6 + Linksys RV016 network issue

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Nov 15 18:05:48 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 09:20:39AM -0800, Drew Bertola wrote:

> I have a couple workstations running fc6 at work.  They are both having
> a problem pulling certain web pages.

Web servers behind broken firewalls/routers?  See
http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/
from 2004 and "about 34,300 for TCP window scaling broken" if
you will try that on Google.

> This only happens when our linksys rv016 (16 port router / vpn) has
> firewall rules turned on.  With the firewall turned off, I'm fine.

Sound suspiciously like that rv016 is actually the culprit.
Try with a workaround from the article refernced above.  If it
works then maybe your Linksys has some firmware updates?

If that is something else then maybe you should try to see what
happens with a help of wireshark?

   Michal