FC6 + Linksys RV016 network issue

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Wed Nov 15 19:04:26 UTC 2006

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 09:20:39AM -0800, Drew Bertola wrote:
>
>> I have a couple workstations running fc6 at work.  They are both having
>> a problem pulling certain web pages.
>>

> Web servers behind broken firewalls/routers?  See
> http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/
> from 2004 and "about 34,300 for TCP window scaling broken" if
> you will try that on Google.

Looking now.  Thanks for the lead...

>> This only happens when our linksys rv016 (16 port router / vpn) has
>> firewall rules turned on.  With the firewall turned off, I'm fine.
>>

> Sound suspiciously like that rv016 is actually the culprit.
> Try with a workaround from the article refernced above.  If it
> works then maybe your Linksys has some firmware updates?

Yes and no.

FC6 does work on a couple boxes at home through my linksys router there
(wrt54g), but fc4 through fc6 doesn't work here (everything else I tried
does work - win/mac/ubuntu/centos).  A 2.6.18 and 2.6.18.2 hand built
kernel didn't help, a 2.6.12 kernel did.

So, the problem goes away when turning off the linksys fw or by using
another OS.  Is it a linksys problem?

(btw, the firmware is up to date.)

> If that is something else then maybe you should try to see what
> happens with a help of wireshark?

Googling wireshark now...

Thanks,
--