Wow! Lots of kernel flaws...

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Nov 23 00:25:26 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 15:27, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> Wowsers: a bunch of them released today...

I am one of the authors that wrote the filesystem fuzzing tool that found most
of the problems you mention. We are working through the bugs it found and
already have bugzillas for the affected file systems. Dave Jones has already
released one kernel that fixes some of the problems.

If you are the paranoid type, you can fix gnome-volume-manager to not load
external disks. You either have to have physical access to the machine or
root to take advantage of the flaws.

-Steve