"busy" disk trouble

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Nov 28 06:07:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 09:02:38PM -0800, Jeffrey Chang wrote:
> Hi, Michal & Ronald:
>
> I've run into the same problem as you did: unable to format a partition
> because of prior RAID setting.
>
> I'm wonding if you have found any way of removing those raid partitions?

This is from 'man dmraid':

       If  -E is added to -r the RAID metadata on the devices gets con-
       ditionally erased.  Useful to erase old metadata after  new  one
       of  different type has been stored on a device in order to avoid
       discovering both. If you enter -E option -D will be enforced  in
       order  to have a fallback in case the wrong metadata got erased.

That is what I used once I realized what the problem was.

   Michal