firefox dead?

Kenny Simpson theonetruekenny at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 09:22:13 UTC 2006

> > Since an update a week or more ago, firefox 2 has failed to start
> > for me.  It aborts just after drawing a frame.  I just tried
> > installing firefox 1.4 from FC6, but it dies too (not abort, but
> > returns to command line after flashing up a frame).
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing these problems?
>
> I'm not.  Have you try starting firefox with -safe-mode.

Starting in safe mode still dies, but with more description:
> firefox -safe-mode

** (Gecko:10119): CRITICAL **: AT_SPI_REGISTRY was not started at session startup.

** (Gecko:10119): WARNING **: IOR not set.

** ERROR **: Could not locate registry
aborting...
/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.8/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 10119 Aborted                 "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

I'm running KDE and it gave no errors on startup.