Will ext4 be in FC7?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 23:44:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 03:59:47PM +0100, dragoran wrote:
 > Dave Jones wrote:
 > > It'll be in rawhide, whether it makes it into FC7 depends on how it
 > > works out.   It may not be as supported throughout the distro as
 > > ext2/3 though (ie, you may not be able to install to it), depending
 > > again on how quickly it matures.
 > >

 > will ext3 partitions be mounted with etx3 or ext4 by default?

should be ext3.

 > using ext4 can(will) break dual boot systems (otherlinux/rawhide)

*anything* could happen in rawhide in the coming weeks.

The faint of heart would be advised not to trust their data to
a rawhide kernel anytime soon, as things are going to be a little
more experimental than usual, what with the PATA work and ext4.

I'm hoping to get the first 2.6.19 build into rawhide tomorrow.
Failing that, saturday.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk