FC6T4 will not install on LV over software raid 5

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Oct 2 19:04:05 UTC 2006

I run a test system that uses LVs over software raid 5, but keep boot
and swap on ordinary /dev/hdx partitions.  Have successfully installed
FC5 and FC6T3 on this configuration without problems.  With FC6T4 DVD,
anaconda is not seeing all of the VGs thus preventing installation in
the LV slotted for testing.  This was a problem early in FC5 testing,
but was quickly resolved.

BZ 208947 created.

There may be a painful workaround in this case by going to console 2 and
starting the software raid devices and then vgscan -ay to get the LVs up
and recognized.  But, it is not for the faint hearted.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)