firefox/thunderbird dying?

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Tue Oct 3 03:09:03 UTC 2006

I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this:
I keep having Firefox or Thunderbird die on me.
Not immediately: typically Firefox dies about once a
day, and Thunderbird dies every few days.  The latter
is usually while composing an email message.  (In fact
I'm re-typing this message after the previous version died.)
I haven't found a consistent pattern: it seems to be related
to me doing something with the mouse, but I believe Firefox
has sponyaeously died while I've been away from the computer.
(Can't swear to that, though.)

I've removed all the plugins (as confirmed using about:plugins).
This has been going on for a few weeks, and every few days I've
done a 'yum upgrade' hoping the problem has been fixed.  So
far no luck.

This is on a Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop, with the i810 X driver
on an external LCD monitor.  However, other applications seem fine,
though I have seem some stranges "flashing", such as screens or
windows re-drawn unexpectedly.

I'm sorry I haven't reported this earlier, but I've been assuming
this has been such a visible problem that it would be high
priority.  But perhaps I'm the only one seeing this?
--
	--Per Bothner